A mantra is a sound, word or phrase, with spiritual significance, that is chanted, usually repetitively. ‘Man’ means mind, and ‘tra’ means instrument; a tool to calm the mind. Each mantra induces specific vibrations in the mind and body, which cleanses and energizes the chakras (energy centres) and creates a sense of well-being.
– Relaxes the body
– Relieves stress and tension
– Reduces anxiety and depression
– Cleanses and energizes the chakras
– Inspires feelings of love, compassion and joy
– Balances the hemispheres of the brain
– Strengthens the immune system
– Regulates blood sugar levels
– Lowers blood pressure
– Calms the mind
When we chant together these effects are multiplied by the synchronicity of the group.
Ready to experience it yourself?
Come and join the ‘Chanting Circle’ with me and Kate Barzdo, every 2nd Friday of the month, 7pm-9pm, at Zen Space in Samford Valley.
(Everyone is welcome, no singing or chanting experience necessary!)
For more information go to: www.zen-space.com.au/product/chanting-with-kate-b-nienke